Custom Engineered Subsea Cable Solutions
Companies around the globe trust PMI to engineer a one-of-a-kind solution to solve unique problems. A custom-engineered solution can decrease cable deployment time, reduce failures, and more.
Subsea Cable Engineering Expertise
Our engineering team offers proven product technologies and processes to deliver ease of installation, long service life, reduced lead times, and cost savings. We offer an extensive selection of subsea cable terminations and protection hardware kits to meet your application needs. All of our standard products can be custom tailored to meet your special requirements.
Design and Analysis
Field-proven techniques, such as helical gripping principles, isostatic sealing for watertight integrity, and electrical core isolation from strain are implemented in our designs.
- Complete capability from concept to production
- Mechanical, electrical, optical, and fluid power experience
- Engineering drawings per IAW MIL-T-31000 requirements
- SolidWorks & PC-based engineering support software
- Document control and configuration management systems
- Application engineering
- Design and analysis
- Quality assurance
- Dynamic cable testing
- Field Service
- Documentation and reporting
Examples of Custom Engineered Solutions
- Small profile terminations
- Synthetic fiber cable terminations
- Cast and dipped applications
- Thermistor arrays and buoy mooring cables
- Surface towed arrays
- Moored cable systems
- Articulated dual-density tow cable and joint terminations
- Full-strength electro-optical terminations and joints
- Bottom-fixed cables
- Break-way terminations
If you think your project requires a custom solution, schedule a free consultation to see how we might help you.