PMI Industries, Inc. Privacy Notice
Last Modified: September 9, 2020
PMI Industries, Inc. (“PMI,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) processes information about you as described in this Privacy Notice (“Notice”). This Notice contains details about how PMI collects, uses, stores, and shares personal information and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
Privacy Notice Contents:
- Changes to this Notice
- What Types of Personal Information We Collect
- How We Collect Personal Information
- Lawful Bases for Processing Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Security and Retention
- With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
- Limitation of Liability for Third-Party Sites and External Links
- Cookies and Advertising Technologies
- International Transfers of Your Personal Information
- EEA Privacy Rights
- Children’s Privacy
- Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information
This Notice applies to Personal Information (defined hereinafter) about individuals with whom we interact in the conduct of our business, such as individuals who visit our website or who are employed by or associated with one of our vendors, customers, or other business partners.
Changes to this Notice
PMI may update this notice from time to time at our sole discretion. All changes are effective as soon as they are posted and your continued use of this website and interactions with PMI are subject to the most current version of this Notice.
What Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information refers to any information relating to an identifiable natural person. Personal Information also includes information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, but could, when combined with other data, link back to you (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include information that has be de-identified with all identifying information removed and is not capable of being re-identified to you.
The Personal Information that PMI currently collects includes:
- Identifiers, such as your name, company, job title/specialty, organization type, email address, mailing address, shipping address, billing address, phone number, fax number, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information about your website use (including clickstream information including which PMI page was visited and how much time was spent on the page and search history), information regarding your interactions with PMI (including online, by mobile application, and through advertisements), network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type or device type), date and time, general geolocation information, aggregate usage, and performance data.
- Interaction history such as invoice history, details of your online inquiries or conversations you may have with PMI sales representatives, details of your purchased products/services, and inferences drawn from any of the personal information we collect to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences.
PMI will not seek to collect Sensitive Personal Data from you, which includes but is not limited to racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health, and religious beliefs.
PMI does not collect all of the above types of information in all cases. PMI may also collect information in an anonymized or aggregate format (in a way that does not identify you).
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information both directly and indirectly in several ways, including:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as in person, in an email or letter, or on a web form.
- Information automatically collected through the use of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, electronic communication protocols, or widgets, buttons, and tools.
- Publicly available information and information from third parties, such as commercially available sources, vendors and third-party services providers. For example, by providing your information to, and participating in, a trade show or similar event, your Personal Information may be provided to us indirectly through the organizers of the event.
We may combine information that we receive from the different sources described above; for example, we may create a profile based on Personal Information provided directly from you and input information regarding your interaction history with sales representatives in to that profile.
Lawful Bases for Processing Personal Information
Our lawful basis for processing the Personal Information described in this Notice depends on the type of Personal Information and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will normally process your Personal Information from you only (1) where you have provided your consent for us to do so, (2) where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you or provide services or goods to you that you have requested, or (3) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process your Personal Information.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the information in the “Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information” section below.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information in several ways, including:
- To enable interactions between you and PMI, such as to facilitate your purchase or sale of goods and services and generally to conduct our business, to support you and the organization with which you are associated in your interactions with PMI, to provide requested product information, to communicate with you about past, future, or existing orders, and to respond to your requests and inquiries.
- For our own internal business purposes, such as to help us tailor our services to you and other customers, improve or evaluate the use, performance, and safety of programs and technologies related to interactions with PMI such as our website, to evaluate and improve the quality of your user experience, to design new products and services, to conduct data analysis and testing, and to maintain proper business and other relevant records.
- For marketing, such as providing information on new and existing PMI products and services, to enhance our content, and to send you marketing communications regarding our products and services.
- For any other purpose that is compatible with the foregoing or for which you provide consent.
You may opt-out of receiving certain communications, such as marketing communications from PMI, at any time by using the information in the “Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information” section below.
Security and Retention
PMI uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information that we process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with processing your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and we do not warrant that your Personal Information will not be subject to unauthorized uses or disclosures.
PMI will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide you products or services, as needed for the purposes outlined in this Notice or at the time of collection, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, to comply with opt-out requests), resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, or to the extent permitted by law.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
PMI does not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with other persons or entities, including the categories of recipients described below:
- Affiliates and subsidiaries: Corporate parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, and other companies that share common ownership with PMI;
- Third-Party Service Providers: Third-Party service providers working on behalf of PMI to facilitate an interaction with PMI that you request or to support our relationship with you and the organization with which you are associated, including but not limited to, IT systems and service providers, website hosts, data analysis, marketing providers, shipping/order fulfillment, email distribution, CRM, promotions management, and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected;
- In connection with a transaction: In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition or all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or other similar proceeding); and
- Your employer or coworkers: If you interact with PMI in connection with your employment, we may share Personal Information with other individuals designated by your organization.
Limitation of Liability for Third-Party Sites and External Links
This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which PMI’s website may link, including those embedded in third-party advertisements or sponsor information. We strongly suggest that you review the privacy notices, statements, or policies of those organizations to understand how your Personal Information may be processed by those organizations.
Cookies and Advertising Technologies
Like many companies, PMI uses “cookies” and other similar technologies to recognize or track visitors to a website such as web beacons, tracking pixels, clear gifs, as well as third-party advertising networks and website analytics such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and others which are subject to change from time to time at our sole discretion without notice (collectively, “Cookies”).
What Are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small text or graphic file which is placed on your device if your web browser permits containing a unique identifier.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, PMI) are called “first-party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies.” Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Cookies on our website are either “session cookies”, meaning that they are automatically erased from your computer or device when you close your browser, or “persistent cookies” that stay in one of your browser’s subfolders after you close your browser. Some cookies are required for technical reasons, called “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies.
We use first-party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Cookies help analyze web traffic and are used to improve your user experience by recognizing your browser as a previous visitor and saving any preference that may have been set on previous visits to the website, eliminating the need for repeated entry of the same information. Cookies also help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on PMI’s website and on other websites, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of email marketing campaigns.
How Can You Manage Your Cookies?
You can choose to accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies unless you modify your setting to decline them. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) to disable existing cookies; or (iii) to set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. However, please be aware that if you disable or reject cookies, some features and services may not work properly. In addition, the advertisements we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
You can manage your receipt of targeted advertising by visiting these sites:
- in the EU, https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- in the U.S. and other regions, http://www.aboutads.info/consumers
International Transfers of Your Personal Information
PMI processes Personal Information as a Controller as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679). When you provide Personal Information to PMI, through our website, through interaction with PMI, through our services, or otherwise, you understand and agree that your Personal Information is transferred across state and national boundaries to the United States where PMI is headquartered and any of the countries and locations in which PMI and our third-party service providers maintain web servers or offices.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which you are a resident. These countries may have data protection and privacy laws that are different to the laws of your country and may not be as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence; however, our processing of your Personal Information will at all times continue to be governed by this Notice.
EEA Privacy Rights
For Personal Information of European Economic Area (“EEA”) residents or where EEA data protection laws apply, with certain exceptions and limitations, you may exercise the following rights regarding your Personal Information:
- Right to Access: You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information.
- Change or Correction: You have the right to ask us to change information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to Portability: You have the right to ask us to transfer the information you gave us to another organization, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Processing: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if it is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Deletion: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your Personal Information in certain circumstances (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide products or services to you).
We will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have one or more of the lawful bases described in this Notice. Where we rely on your consent to process Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you, unless additional time is needed, in which case we will let you know.
You may exercise your rights by submitting a request using the information in the “Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information” section below.
PMI’s interactions are not directed at, marketed to, or intended for individuals under the age of 13 years. PMI does not knowingly collect any information, including Personal Information, from individuals under 13 years of age. If a parent or guardian believes that their child has provided us with his or her Personal Information without their consent, please contact us using the information in the “Your Privacy Preferences and Our Contact Information” section below.
Your Privacy Preference and Our Contact Information
PMI enables you to opt-out of marketing communications. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from PMI you can opt-out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
To exercise your rights regarding your personal information, or if you have questions regarding this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Please note that when you submit a request, we will take steps to attempt to verify your identity. We will seek to match the information in your request to the personal information we maintain about you. As part of our verification process, we may ask you to submit additional information, use identity verification services to assist us, or, if you have set up an account on our website, we may ask you to sign in to your account as part of our identity verification process. Please understand that, depending on the type of request you submit, to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, we will only complete your request when we are satisfied that we have verified your identity to a reasonably degree of certainty.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, and you are located in certain parts of the EEA, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.