DAM/BLOK™ Electrical Cable Splice Kit
DAM/BLOK Subsea Electrical Cable Splice Kits
These splices are comprised of a unique combination of up to three levels of sealing protection that produce a highly reliable, full-ocean depth pressure splice.
Mechanical seals, chemical bonds, positive water blocking, and a polyurethane over-mold work together to prevent leak water present in the cable or seawater outside the cable from passing through the splice to the electrical connection.
Radial squeeze resulting from compression dams prevent any leaking water migrating along the non–bondable elements from passing through.
No driving force present can overcome the persisting interference due to the isostatic nature of the seal (same pressure exists on all sides of the seal). The DAM/BLOK Splice uses ambient pressure to prevent internal water migration.
PMI’s DAM/BLOK creates a highly reliable, full-ocean depth splice with up to three levels of sealing protection. Prevents outside seawater as well as leak water within the cable from passing through the splice to the electrical connection.
- Standard and Customizable electrical splice for a variety of applications. Pair with EVERGRIP™ for the perfect, field-installable electrical/mechanical termination
Features and Benefits
- Precast polyurethane compression dams, waterblock solder pins and polyurethane overmold prevent water penetration to 3500 psi
- The compression dams prevent leakwater penetration along non-bondable surfaces
- Conductors are soldered to contacts and connected to pins which are sealed inside the compression dam
- Polyurethane overmold encapsulates the splice and produces a chemical bond to all surfaces of the compression dams
- Isostatic nature of the seal (same pressure exists on all sides of the seal) prevents water migration at any depth
DAM/BLOK kit contains:
- Room Temperature Cure Polyurethane
- QWIK-Pin™ Waterblock Contact Pins
- Precision Precast Compression Dams
- Disposable mold
Typical DAM/BLOK Electrical Splice Kits
PMI has over 100 existing DAM/BLOK electrical splice kit designs, or splice kits can be custom designed to meet your needs. Examples of typical DAM/BLOK’s are shown below.
|DAM/BLOK ELECTRICAL SPLICE KIT||EXAMPLES|
|Single Conductor, Double-Armored Cable w/ Sea Water Ground to SO Connector Pigtail||
|3 Coax & 3 Single Conductors, DoubleArmored Cable to SO Connector Pigtail||
|7 Conductor, Double-Armored Cable to (2) SO Connector Pigtails||
|13 Conductor, DoubleArmored Cable to SO Connector Pigtail||