DYNA-SWIVEL™ Cable Swivel
DYNA-SWIVEL Cable Swivels for Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical and Electro-Optical Cables
Underwater cables often experience a sudden and uncontrolled release of rotational energy. When a tensioned cable is unable to rotate and suddenly goes slack, stored torque can throw the cable into loops and hockles. Upon cable retensioning, kinks, damage, and failure can occur.
DYNA-SWIVEL fast-acting swivels respond to low cable torque and allow unrestrained rotation. The cable is able to release stored torque to prevent catastrophic cable failure.
- Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical & Electro-Optical models available
- High working load and low break-away or starting torque (Starting torque as low as 10 in-oz on smaller models)
- Stacked angular contact ball bearings for rotational friction
- Oil filled diaphragm for automatic pressure temperature compensation
- Spring-loaded rotary shaft seal prevents intrusion and oil loss
- Corrosion-resistant shaft seal carrier and prevents deterioration in service
- O-ring seals on all threaded parts allow for easy repairs
- Factory sealed construction and vacuum assures reliable performance
- Choice of mechanical end-fittings and electrical optical connectors
- Up to 18 electrical channels (1A @ 400V)
- Optional fiber optic channels